If you have brittle nails, you must learn how to treat them and prevent them from getting worse, as they can break easily and expose your fingers and toes to infection. Besides looking messy, these nails are also prone to peeling and breaking.
WHAT CAUSES BRITTLE NAILS
- Deficiency of Iron, Zinc, and Calcium.
- Deficiency of Protein.
- Dryness often causes dry brittle nails, as the dry nails grow hard and crack. The dryness of nails can be due to dry heat and lack of moisture in your nails.
- Using beauty products containing harsh chemicals, like nail polish, also cause brittle nails. This is the reason why women are more likely to have brittle nails than men.
BRITTLE NAILS TREATMENT
1. Protect your nails from the repetitive cycle of getting wet and drying:
Your nails can absorb water up to about 20 to 25 % of their weight when they remain wet for a longer duration. They expand while soaking in water and then contract while they are drying. This repetitious cycle can weaken your nails forcing them to get brittle and peel.
The solution is that you wear rubber gloves when you are accomplishing household chores, like washing plates for longer hours.
2. Moisturize dry, hard, and brittle nails:
If dryness is the offender, then use a moisturizer, even Vaseline, to your nails including the nail bed at the base of your nails.
If your nails are super dry, then you need to use lotions called super moisturizers for nail care. There are excellent moisturizer lotions available on the need including Vitamin E, Avocado Oil, and Shea Butter.
On the other hand, if your nails are soft and brittle, use less amount of moisturizer, as it could be that you are probably using more of it.
Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated, including your nails.
3. Trim your nails properly:
Trim and shape your nails correctly on regular basis.
Trim your nails directly after shower or bath, as at that moment they are soft and easy to cut.
Use a file carefully to give your nails a rounded shape.
Keep your nails even and short so that they are less possible to tear or peel.
4. Brittle Nails Healthy Diet: Poor nourishment also causes brittle nails. Just eat a well-balanced nutritious diet to provide your body with all the required vitamins for healthy and strong nails.
5. Vitamins for Healthy Nails and Biotin: Try the following remedies for brittle nails vitamin deficiency.
The deficiency of iron and zinc can cause brittle nails.
You need to have a Brittle Nails healthy diet, which includes essential minerals and vitamins like niacin, iron, calcium, and Vitamins A and C.
You can have a vitamin B complex including biotin. Biotin is also found in oatmeal, banana, peanuts, soy, and mushrooms.
Your normal foods include enough biotin, but in certain cases such as people with alcoholism or those who consume excessive antibiotics for an extended period, biotin deficiency can occur.
Consuming fish oil can also help you in preventing brittle nails.
Comments on “Cure Your Brittle Nails In 5 Painless Steps!!”